We love all things Ottawa! Whether exploring our own neighbourhood or venturing off to check out what’s going on a bit further away, we can’t get enough of the local goodness our city has to offer!
With this in mind, we have selected the top 15 things to do in Ottawa this December.
Read on for our top choices:
- Lansdowne Christmas MarketMany vendors with yummy foods and drinks, also live performers every weekend. Enjoy the beautifully decorated Christmas market
- Magic of Lights Kanata at Wesley Clover ParkTake in the Magic of Lights in support of CHEO! This family-friendly drive through Wesley Clover Park transports you to a different place & time, and will leave your family thrilled!
- Magical Visit with Santa at BayshoreReserve your time with the big guy in red to make sure you tell him everything on your wish list!
- Sensory Friendly Event at St Laurent Shopping Centre
Specifically designed with the needs of children with sensory challenges, this jolly old elf at St. Laurent Shopping Centre is happy to meet families with reservations.
- Decked Halls at Billings Estate
Take a step back and slow down with a self-guided visit through the museum, and take in the holiday décor with the family!
- Cedar Hill Christmas Tree Farm
Lots of trees to pick from that will be wrapped for you. Yummy Candycane Kitchen with yummy goodies and drinks. Outdoor seating only so no vaccination required.
- Stanley’s Christmas Village
A short drive Southeast of Ottawa is Cedar Hill Christmas Tree Farm, where you can shop for Christmas decor, trees, wreaths, and planters, and then relax in the Candycane Kitchen!
- Christmas at the Log Farm
Come visit with the farm animals, check out Santa’s workshop, and drop off your letters to Santa, and see how Christmas was celebrated in the early days of our city.
- Vintage Village of Lights at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
Head over to Cumberland, East of Ottawa, to see the
Vintage Village of Lights! Over 30,000 lights illuminate the scene!
- Free Wagon Rides in the ByWard Market & Santa!
Free wagon rides by Cundell Stables in the ByWard Market! No reservations required, first come first serve. Santa will also be making a stop, so plan your visit!
- A Country Christmas at Saunders Farm
Plan your visit to the popular Saunders Farm! Daytime experiences and a drive-through light show, as well as a town square market are all ready for you!
- Enchanted Holiday Drive Stittsville
Get your tickets today for the 2021 Enchanted Holiday Drive in Stittsville – perfect for the entire family!
- Multi Media Projection on Parliament Hill – FREE
Bundle up and take in the 15 minute loop projection at Parliament Hill from now until January 7, every evening from 5:30 pm – 11 pm
- Patinage En Foret
Skating in the forest just 45 minutes outside Ottawa! It doesn’t get much cooler than that!
- Donate to your Favourite Charity
Join us as we donate to our clients’ favourite charities for our 12 Days of Giving! Maybe you have a charity in mind that is close to your heart. If you donate, please feel free to tag us on social media to let us know who you support!